Full Time - San Francisco, CA
At Schematic Labs we make social apps for mobile & web.
We are a small agile team of multi-disciplined software engineers and designers. What brings us together is a passion for changing the world using technology and design, and improving how people share their lives on the social Web using mobile devices. We are looking for talented developers and designers who have a passion for building products that are both beautifully designed and immensely fun to use.
We make SoundTracking - the best way to share the soundtrack to your life™ for Android, iPhone and Spotify - and the fastest growing social music service today. SoundTracking for iOS was named by Apple as “Best iPhone Music App of 2011”.
Schematic Labs is based in the SoMa area of San Francisco in the historic Jackson Brewery building and is backed by Accel Partners, True Ventures, Softbank Capital and Google Ventures.
- Are proud to count musicians such as the Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce
Springsteen, and Snoop Dogg among our active users.
- Have three guitars and a full drum kit in our office.
- Offer our developers top of the line hardware.
- Offer catered lunches four days a week.
- Have an app (or apps) deployed in Android Market
- Are passionate about building great mobile apps
- Have a very good understanding of the Android platform and UI framework
- Come with previous experience working with Android in a production environment
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Android usability standards and best practices
- Believe that great user experience is the end goal of software and design
- Are active on GitHub or collaborate with open source software
- Enjoy facing new challenges and delight in solving them with thought and speed
- Enjoy working the whole stack from client-side to server-side
- Have a proven track record of excellence & leadership in engineering
- Write beautiful and performant code for the Android platform
- Design and develop high-performance, high-availability solutions to meet product requirements
- Work collaboratively with others using peer review tools
- Take ownership in projects and see them from conception to release
- must have experience with
- Android / Java
- REST APIs / JSON web services
- Git / GitHub
- Advanced Android programming
Bonus points for experience with:
- Submitting your resume as an APK (surprise us!)
- Being active in the Android developer community
- Demonstrate clever use of custom Views
- Experience with a music related app
- Experience with Android debugging tools
- Experience with Fragments
- Experience with ICS+
- iOS / Web development knowledge
- Push notifications
Send your resume & GitHub profile to email@example.com.
« Back to job listings